Friday

D-Lister Edition: Christina Milian

Top D-Lister, Christina Milian graces the latest cover of Rap-Up Magazine. This is the first magazine cover Milian's done since her departure with Def Jam in 2006. In the magazine Christina discusses ex-boyfriend Nick Cannon’s marriage to Mariah Carey, along with her new album being released with MySpace Records.



On how she reacted after being dropped from her label:
“It was embarrassing. It was a week after my album [So Amazin'] got put out. I would be in my room a lot of the time crying by myself”.

On the reason why she was dropped:
“It was a budget cut, I believe. Def Jam probably got rid of projects like mine to spend the money on Rihanna.“

On who inspired her to get back into music:
“I bumped into Janet Jackson at a club. We talked for an hour and I was telling her I don’t know if I’m gonna do this, and she was like, ‘Girl, do not let them stop you. I’m a fan and you make good music’. She’s a person I actually looked up to growing up, so her telling me that really was the day I was like, ‘I’m not gonna let these people hold me down. It’s time’”.

On learning about ex-boyfriend Nick Cannon’s marriage to Mariah Carey:
“I was surprised like everyone else. I was like, ‘Really?’ It just seemed like a weird match, but I was happy for him. I always feel Nick works hard to get what he wants, whether that be women—that’s how he got me”.

Maybe Ole Milian can tip from the D-list to slight C-list with the new album. I'm just skeptical of the fact she's signed with Myspace Records opposite Def Jam. Once I hear a single from the album, I'll be able to give my FULL synopsis.

That is all.

The Fashion Connoisseur

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin