Thursday

'Tis The Season To Be...

I'd like all the readers of You Got Tea to finish the statement above; Tis The Season To Be...Myself I'd say Blessed, Thankful and Conquering My Dreams. I know right now our economy is in shambles but, with the horrible recession it allows us the opportunity to realize all the benefits of non-monetary things such as friends and family. Essence magazine did a great spread including some of Black Hollywood's favorite families. Below, I've included some pictures from the spread along with some of my other favorite families. I want you to take the time out to realize how important your own family is. On behalf of the entire staff of You Got Tea, we'd like to wish you and your family A Happy and Blessed Christmas!!

Words can't even convey how much I admire this family. As the first black family to move into the "white" house, they're already switching up the game plan. It's nothing like living in a period where we have a black president but, to also see a great portrayal of a black family, This is history people. Take note!


One of the best portrayals of a black family on TV would have to go to The Cosby's. A lawyer for a mom and a doctor for a dad. We had never seen black families in that light. Big up Bill for showing another light.


Diddy with on and off girlfriend Kim Porter, sons Quincy, Justin and Christian and twin daughters, D'Lila and Jessie. Despite the fact Kim and Diddy have been on & off, he's always been a great family man to all his children.


Will Smith, wife Jada Pinkett-Smith and children Trey, Jayden and Willow. This is one of America's favorite families. From their keen fashion sense as a whole to their down to earth demeanor, they're a true, blue example of a cohesive family and I admire that.


Lisa Wu Hartwell from The Real Housewives Of Atlanta with husband Ed Harwell and their children EJ (seated on mommy’s lap), Justin and Jordan. From watching the show you could see Lisa's a family person. When I came across these pictures of her along with her family it reinforced the fact why she was so family orientated.


Former NFL player Rodney Peete and wife, actress Holly Robinson Peete get ready for the holidays with their children Ryan Elizabeth, Roman Peete, Rodney James Peete and Robinson James. I remember The Peete's from when they lived in NC. They've always been a prime example of a good black family in Hollywood.

I'm off to tell my mom & dad how great they are!

The F.C.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin