Thursday

Rihanna Who???

Recently the New York Post blog wrote a very inaccurate post about singer Kelis. In the post, Kelis was accused of biting Rihanna's style:

"Just like rappers sample other singers tracks, Kelis has taken it upon herself to riff on Rihanna's new peacock do. And in true remix style, she's thrown way too much at the original, totally destroying what made it work in the first place.

Kelis has had some problems of late, so it's understandable that she's distracted. What I can't comprehend is why anyone would let her out of the house rocking a BlueRazz milkshake on her head. Not cool guys, not cool."

Really?!?! Kelis biting from Rihanna?!?! I DON'T THINK SO!!!! Don't get me wrong, I love Rihanna's style but she is copy of Kelis 2-3 years ago, and if I really wanted to go there we could get into how Rihanna has sampled from Fefe Dobson all the way down to her neck tattoos.

But I digress, Kelis is the orginator of everything Rihanna is doing. Kelis was rocking the "peacock" back in 2005, and as far as that infamous asymmetrical black hair cut of Ri-Ri's peep the Kelis Was Here album and you will know who was rocking it first. Now it's fine to copy, everyone does it in the music industry, but don't call the originator an imitator know your facts before you speak.

And I'm done.





The Intellect
P.S Kelis was wearing skinny jeans in 2003 (that was for you Resident Record Spinner)

4 comments:

Erica Jordan said...

PREACH!

Songine said...

You are so right! I LOVE Rihanna but Kelis started the style first. I'm shocked the NY Post wrote this!

Crown R0yal said...

kelis FTW!

Kalliebree said...

the new york post should refrain from talking about stuff they don't know about...i hope you sent them this article

Blog Widget by LinkWithin