Thursday

The Battle For The Title Of "Best, Best Friends"


I was browsing one of my favorite websites, Essence.com when I came across this amazing spread titled "Famous Friends!" The spread showcases some Hollywood's closes friendships and even goes as far as providing insight on how the friendships evolved and how they've kept them current in what is many times considered a fake industry. I'd like to think someday me and my friends will be at this level. So in order to make it happen, I'm speaking it into existence. Let me set the picture for you -- 10 years from now you'll see a picture of The Intellect and I in Essence magazine. The picture will show her and I talking life and luxury over a bottle of Moet. No worries, no cares, just us living life for all it's worth. I know that seems like The Dream World right? Well, Hov said it best.. "It Ain't For Everybody!"


With that said, Below I've included some of my favorites from the spread. Peep all the choices and cast your vote for "The Best Famous Friends" below!



Gabrielle Union and Sanaa Lathan navigate Hollywood’s tough roads together.


There’s no sibling rivalry and plenty of love when it comes to Rev. Run’s daughters Vanessa and Angela. The two are always side by side, as they conquer the fashion world with their special bond.


Gayle King has been Oprah Winfrey’s best friend for more than 30 years. The two met early in their broadcasting careers and remained close. Their friendship has even sparked rumors that they’re gay, which they shot down.

“I have to admit, if Oprah were a man, I would marry her,” Gayle said in O, the Oprah Magazine, where she serves as editor-at-large.


It was easy for Tichina Arnold and Tisha Campbell-Martin to play best friends on “Martin.” The two have been friends for more than 20 years, having costarred together in 1986’s “Little Shop of Horrors.”


Some call them rough around the edges, and perhaps that’s why we love Monica and Keyshia as BFF’s. The Atlanta residents have plenty in common: soulful pipes and take-no-mess attitudes. Cole is also the godmother of Monica’s youngest son.


Black America has been made richer by intellectuals and good friends Tavis Smiley and Cornel West. The duo met more than 25 years ago at the Southern Christian Leadership Council, when Tavis was just a teen and have remained close ever since.


Best friends Tiny (the Bonnie to T.I.‘s Clyde) and Toya (ex-wife of Lil’ Wayne and mother of one of his daughters) are letting the world in on their friendship via their new BET reality show.


Icons Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan both know what it feels like to charter new ground in their respective sports, and quickly bonded on the golf course.

“I’m able to pick up the knowledge he’s accumulated over the years,” Woods has said about Jordan..



T H E | F A S H I O N | C O N N O I S S E U R

1 comment:

The Intellect said...

I think our names need to be in that survey lol

Blog Widget by LinkWithin