Thursday

Morning Motivation

This morning I woke up to a nightmare. I, like most people, have days where I don't want to go to work. But today was different, I had no motivation or drive to want to go in to my job. Nothing moved me today, not the work I had yet to get off my desk, not my triumph over my "shady" supervisor, not even my paycheck. For the first time in my life, I had to suck it up and drag myself out of bed to a place that I did not want to be and to do work that I felt was meaningless. And then this thought occurred to me: This Can Not Be My Life 5 Years From Now!!!

This statement has become my new mantra in life. I am nearing the end of my undergraduate career and there are many questions that I have to start thinking about and need to finally answer. But after today, I already know the answer to one of these questions. I, The Intellect, will not be at this job upon graduation. Economy or no economy, I will not subject myself to torture anymore. I know now that I have other options in life and I will not be one of those adults that stick with a job just because it is secure and safe. If you know me then you know I am usually a cautious and pretty conservative person. But today's epiphany has changed me. I will not settle for less and for the first time in my life I am going to face my biggest fear (FAILURE) head on and I know I will win.

So I have to ask YGT readers: What's your biggest fear? How do you motivate yourself each and every morning? Are you stuck in a place right now where you don't wanna be and are struggling to get out? Let me know and leave some words of motivation, you never know who you might inspire.

The Intellect

2 comments:

Songine said...

My biggest fear is rejection. But i always tell myself "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!" or if things end out bad theres another quote I like that says "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass but learning how to dance in the rain."

creativemind09 said...

Not sure whats my biggest fear anymore. It used to be failure, but ive learned to take risks in life and hope..Noo BELIEVE that I will get the Best.(And You Will) What motivates me to go to my jobs is the fact that I KNOW im not going to be there forever and that its just a path i have to cross before I get into my dream job(You got to make money some how).I see it all as a test for greatness. Experience with the world you'll have to face later own. That seems to help!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin