Tuesday

YGT New Artist Spotlight


Now you all know I love me some good music, and this new artist is no exception. If you have not heard of Carlitta Durand, then you need to do some research cause this is a name that you need to get used to. I first heard of Carlitta during the Art Lifestyle concerts here in Greensboro, but I really took notice when she was the opening act for the Foreign Exchange concert I attended in Carboro.

A recent graduate of NCCU, Carlitta Durand has the voice, the writing skills, and presence that many of my neo-soul fans will love. I had the chance to purchase Carlitta's cd "Carlitta's Way: The Prelude" and since then this compilation has been on repeat. Carlitta's smooth melodic voice will capture you from the first song to the last (seriously, no skips on this album).

Peep the video below of Carlitta performing one of my favorite tracks off her album, and check back later in the week for YGT's exclusive interview with Carlitta Durrand.



Want more Carlitta Durand?

Follow her on Twitter
Check her Myspace music page
Listen to her Imeem music page

Let's spread the word for GOOD MUSIC YGT readers!!!

The Intellect

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin