Friday

Millionaire Moguls MK & A


Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen were on The Oprah Winfrey show yesterday giving me full prune. I didn't get to actually watch the entire show because I was in class but what I watched online gave me life. I love how the dynamic duo gallivants around SOHO like there is no tomorrow. MK & A sat down with O to discuss everything from how they make their millions to how to stay sane in what can become a very hectic industry. Below I've posted a statement from MK & A from the show. Get your life.

Mary-Kate says their fashion industry icons have taught them the importance of balance and hard work. "Also having a vision and sticking with your vision and staying true to what makes you happy," Ashley says. "Because that always ends up producing the best result."

The twins say they found Diane von Furstenberg especially inspiring. "She said a couple of things, but she said, 'You have to be your best friend first,' and I absolutely agree," Ashley says. "You have to feel comfortable with yourself before you go off and do anything in order to make the right choices for you."

Another remark that really resonated with them was when Diane told the girls they didn't need to have everything figured out just yet. "[She said] she didn't always know what she wanted to do, but she always knew the woman that she wanted to be," Mary-Kate says.






with my prune swag intact,
The Fashion Connoisseur

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin