Monday

Something to Pat To

So Beyonce has just released the video for her other single, which is appropriately titled Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It). I must admit I am not the biggest Beyonce fan, but both of these songs really have me excited to hear what Mrs. Carter has been up to in the studio. Most importantly both of these singles are good tracks and I am actually starting to see the growth of Beyonce and Sasha (see the FC post about the dual sides of Beyonce). This new album is shaping up to be something I might buy, because I did not buy B'day.

Now back to the video, even though I am really excited to hear more from Beyonce, this video is leaving me a little dry. When I first heard this song I envisioned a video straight out of Idlewilde with wild Flapper girls and Cat Daddies in Zoot suits. Instead I am treated to Beyonce dancing and I am kinda over it. Anyway "If I Were A Boy" more than made up for this video, but is anyone else wondering what's with the black and white theme Beyonce is going with lately. Black and white photography is used when an artist is trying to hide something, is B trying to hide something from her fans???

Anyway peep the video below and let me know what you think, and don't forget to check out Beyonce on TRL tomorrow when she goes to premiere the video.



The Intellect

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin