Monday

Keri Hilson`s NEW Video "ENERGY" is The TEA, Take a Sip!


I was browsing Facebook when I saw my boy Brandon Jacobs status' "Peep The New Keri Hilson Video". If you didn't know Keri Hilson is the blond bombshell featured on Timbaland's Hit "Way I Are" and more recently Nas' new single "Hero". I really liked Keri on "The Way I Are" because her vocals gave the track some zest opposite Timbaland's raspy voice. Some facts about Keri include that she's written for Ciara, Chris Brown, Mary J. Blige and Usher. So, she has to be good to have written for those big names right? But, with all the female artists out right now what is Keri going to bring different than artists such as Ashanti or Amerie?

Now this refers back to my boy Brandon's status. I go to www.youtube.com to watch the video for Keri's first single "Energy". The video is FIRE!! The song gives me a Tamia feel with the way her vocals float over the track. But, in the video she gives me full Keri with a hint of Ciara dancing and showcasing her body which is the T! I also like how her dance moves give the video a different feel without taking away from the lyrics. Maybe Keri can break out from her usual hook singing persona and branch into mainstream stardom. All i have to say is GO OFF KERI!!

ANOTHER IMPORTANT FACT I FOUND VIA WIKIPEDIA.COM WAS THAT KERI WAS SUPPOSE TO BE FEATURED IN THE "LOVE IN THE CLUB" REMIX BUT WAS REPLACED BY BEYONCE SO THAT THE SINGLE COULD GAIN MORE EXPOSURE. I GUESS AS A FORM OF CONSOLATION THEY LET HER APPEAR IN THE VIDEO!! STILL KERI EXPOSURE = BUILDING YOUR CAREER. SO I SAY GO OFF.

yours truly,
The Fashion Connoisseur




I also can't forget the new RAP UP magazine cover featuring Keri, Teyana and my wifey SOL-angel.. F-A-B at it's FINEST!!



facts courtsey: wikipedia
photos courtsey: thehotseat.com & rap up magazine

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin