Monday

Something to Simmer On

As I am sitting at my desk at work, I received an email from a former co worker. Usually her emails consist of funny facts or words of encouragement, but today the message contained a quote which was meant to provoke thought. The quote from Doug Larson was as follows:

For disappearing acts, it's hard to beat what happens to the eight hours supposedly left after eight of sleep and eight of work

And this got me thinking: What do we really do with our eight hours left? Granted, most people do not sleep a full eight hours and most of us work more/less than eight hours a day, but besides all that what do really do with our "free time"

With that being said I am going to sound real cliche and quote from one of my favorite movies (Dead Poets Soceity) and challenge everyone to Carpe Diem (Sieze the Day) and enjoy your eight hours. I know I will, well once I get off that is.

One Love,

The Intellect

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin