Monday

When [tEa] Goes Bad....It Leaves A [bAd] Taste




Okay so while I have been in the DMV enjoying my vacation, I happen across this picture of the New Yoker front cover. Now as an avid supporter of Obama and a lover of anything Michelle Obama I was both sadden and disgusted by this cover. However, after a closer inspection of what the New Yorker was trying to do with this picture and the hidden messages behind the picture, I am now a firm believer in a picture being worth a thousand words.
At first glance all you see is Barack in traditional Muslim garb and Michelle with a "nappy" curl and army pants giving each other the now infamous "fist bump." Not to end the insulting depictions to just Barack and his wife, the background features a picture of Osama Bin Laden and a burning American flag.
The artwork, done by Barry Blitt, is in essence the perfect political caricature to showcase what the actual article in the magazine is about. The article, entitled "The Politics of Fear", talks about all the outrageous allegations and scare tactics the political right wing have used to draw fear towards the Obama campaign. Whether it has been painting him as a "closeted Muslim," interpreting the fist bump as a gang sign, or remarking on the similarities between Barack’s name with the World’s Most Wanted Man, right wing republicans have used fear to stop the Man of Destiny. Although now I can see where this picture is coming from, I do not agree that it should have been the cover. In a time when change is happening like it has never done before, there are still sensitivities that I feel even the media should take in to account. With that being said I will be reading this article and I hope that you will do the same.
If you want more on this picture and how the candidates are reacting, peep this article by BBC NEWS
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7505953.stm



The Intellect

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

еxcellent put up, ѵery informatіve.
I'm wondering why the opposite experts of this sector do not realize this. You must continue your writing. I'm surе, you've a great readers' base already!


Here is my wеb blog tens unit
My website :: tens units

Anonymous said...

At the conclusion of daily, vacant out each of the alteration of your wallets, bag, and attache case in a jar to save. Once monthly, you may put in the money in your savings account, in which it can earn curiosity. Avoid burning off out on surcharges and fees from coin-counting models. [url=http://www.ss12w12ws.info]Philan4335d[/url]

Blog Widget by LinkWithin