Friday

Get Into Team USA!!!




The time is upon us for the 2008 summer Olympics in Beijing, China. I, like billions (yes, billions), around the world will be tuned into the biggest fashion in the world; the Opening Ceremony. Only at the Olympic games can you see fashion houses like Dolce and Gabbana (Team Italy), Versace, and now Ralph Lauren for Team USA showcase great sportswear designs for their home country. Once I took a look at the Opening Ceremony uniform I was in love, but when I saw the crisp white of Team USA's village wear I Got My Life!! For the Opening, Team USA will enter the stadium in a tropical wool navy blazers emblazoned with oversized Polo ponies, off-white wool trousers, white cotton broadcloth shirts, white twill newsboy caps and striped silk neckwear — ties for the men, scarves for the women. And for their day to day wear around the Olympic village, Team USA will be wearing crisp all white shorts or pants with a choice of either a sweater vest or the classic Ralph Lauren polo with an Olympic twist. Not only is the uniform preppy chic and classic American summer, it also comes with its own instruction manual on how to properly assemble the desired look; sorry guys in the NBA no loose ties in this ceremony!!

Personally, I can see why the U.S chose Ralph Lauren to design the uniforms for the Olympic team. When you think of American summer time fashion you have to give it to Polo. As a lover of Ralph Lauren's signature preppy flare I would love to own that blazer Team USA will be marching in with, but at a retail price of $625, I think I will stick to Urban Outfitters.

Tune in tonight at 8pm for all the Opening Ceremony festivities, and make sure you peep all the international fashion on display; I know I will!!

The Intellect

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin