Wednesday

How To Enhance Your Swag

This is a post dedicated to my metro men on the move. These are just tips to keep your swag at an all time high. Swag according to the Urban dictionary is defined as:one's own unique style or personality that sets them apart from anyone else. Being that it's the year 2008 the year of the metro, we as men should always dress to impress from head to toe. That's another topic all in itself though, but my point for this edition of 'Enhance Your Swag' is to attack the topic of scent. Now I know that sounds funny but, a scent is an important thing. Ever since I was young my dad taught me that a man should have a distinct smell. Be it dial soap, deodorant or better yet a cologne. A scent distinguishes you among others and leaves an impression of you even when your gone. I'm a firm believer in investing in a good scent so that it becomes your scent and only yours. Now don't get me wrong there may be someone else who wears your cologne but, once people know it as your scent it won't matter who else wears it. A scent can be mild, sweet or strong. It all depends on the person wearing it and the characteristics behind that person. I'm more of a clean, fresh, sweet kind of cologne wearer. I don't like things that are too heavy because they tend to linger in your clothing which isn't too good. I'm giving you a task, go out to your local Neiman Marcus and talk to the man/woman running the cologne counter. Explain to them the characteristics of yourself and what you prefer and they should be able to asset you easily. Below are some scents I recommend. With that said, that's the first post of "How To Enhance Your Swag". Stay tuned for future post. I'll leave you with a quote from Diddy, a modern day trendsetter.
"You've got to get your smell right. Walk into an elevator with a beautiful woman in it. If you've got your scent going in the right direction she's gonna be thinking of you when you leave".


Kenneth Cole "Reaction". It has a very refreshing scent. It'd call it fresh and light! It's worn by my best friend Xavier if you'd like a live model.


An oldie but definitely a goody. This scent has been around for awhile but it's a classic scent. I absolutely love this scent. It has a powerful smell that lingers all day but in a great way. A scent that can be worn everyday without any problems.


This is the new scent from Diesel 'Fuel For Life'. I was introduced to this scent by the sales lady at Neiman Marcus. I wasn't sold on the scent at first but it has a very natural smell. I like how it doesn't linger on your or your clothes but others can always smell it. One thing I hate is when you can smell your cologne but other's can't.


I've now given you some examples of actual scent I wear. Take it upon yourself to find a scent that matches you and make it your own. That is Mission 1: How To Enhance Your Swag.

Disclaimer: This post isn't by any means a way of bashing anyone. This is just merely to suggest options for guys who may be foreign to fashion and it's contents. Look at what I post as an art and not a criticism. It's for you my friend, it's for your better being, believe me.

with a spritz of scent,
It's The Fashion Connoisseur
Blog Widget by LinkWithin