Monday

Sol-Angel Makes My Day


I woke up today with a smile on my face. I realized how great my life is! Not only because I could say I lived to see another day but, I sometimes have to remember to take a step back sometimes and count all my blessings. Any who, I must say I'm privileged enough to be the intern to Tap Money, the 'BEST' music executive of 102 Jamz. Well one of the many perks to being his intern is the advantage of hearing music before the entire public. I came in today to see the complete, non-leaked, authentic copy of Solange Presents: Sol-Angel And The Hadley Street Dreams. I looked over at Tap and was like "Yep, SOLO came in today". He was like "that's wassup, we've got her in rotation a bit now". I was taken aback because that shows how HOT Solo is. She is gaining a heavy momentum with the release of her new album. I've been listening to it since I got to the station today and I'm really impressed. The growth and maturity of her lyrics is prevalent. Her songs have a rich quality and authenticity that I really like. Considering I've only listened to it once thus far I must say my favorite songs right now are: Track 1.) God Given Name Track 2.) T.O.N.Y. 9.)Ode To Marvin 11.)Cosmic Journey Ft. Bilal and Last But Certainly not Least 12.)This Bird. Those are some tracks to look out for. Another thing I really like about this album is the craftsmanship put into the album artwork. Solange has a very interesting picture where she is standing in front of two, huge note cards. She is wearing a simple, white, baby doll dress with a black bow. Topped off with a cute black and neon yellow heel with her usual curly bush. But, what makes the picture so complex is what the cards state. One says "I will not get pregnant at 17" and the other "I will not have a famous family". I love how she mocked herself for things she has or has already done. I love her sister Mrs. Carter to death but, Solo is bringing realness and we're eating it up. It took her awhile to find her own niche but, better late than never. Lastly, what I like so much about Solange is her simplistic element of Thank You's for the album. Instead of opening herself up for scrutiny or giving the girls too much she merely stated: THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU... THANK YOU!!!! Simple and direct. I like her approach. I can only say this one more time! Pick up Solange's new album Solange Presents: Sol-Angel and The Hadley Street Dreams on August 26th. Until then, Solange listening party You Got Tea style much?

Official Track Listing For The Late Down loaders
Disclaimer: I don't condone downloading the CD by any means

God Given Name
T.O.N.Y.
Dancing In The Dark
Would've Been The One
Sandcastle Disco
I Decided - Prt 1
Valentines Day
6 o' Clock Blues
Ode To Marvin
I Told You So
Cosmic Journey Ft. Bilas
This Bird
I Decided - Prt 2


shut the fuck up,
this birds not slowing down

"this bird" solange

with that said, I'm out - The Fashion Connoisseur

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin