Wednesday

Usher Crawls Back To MOM-ager


According to E! News, Usher has fired Benny Medina and rehired his old MOM-ager Jonnetta Patton. We all know that the reason Usher fired Medina was due to the poor sales of his latest cd "Here I Stand". Usher's last album confessions sold 19 millions copies under the management of his mother. But, with 'Here I Stand' he barely reached 2 million. The Here I Stand cd was Usher and Medina's first venture together. There was talk that Usher was furious when he heard of the disappointing sells of his album. I personally liked the latest album. It showed alot of maturity in Usher. It showed him as not only a man but, a husband and father. Usher probably felt that because he was baring this new side it would result in huge sales. But, on the contrary it resulted in a semi-FLOP, well atleast for a star like Usher. It's just that with all the publicity Usher had going on with the firing of his mother, the birth of Usher V, and the normal Tameka drama I feel the album didn't get enough publicity. The first video "Love In This Club" was dope and the remix featuring Mrs. Hova got mad air play but, I don't think it was enough to make fans go out and buy the album. The one thing Usher could have done was leave the original release which I believe was around September. But, that is all in the past. All that matters now is that Usher is back with his MOM-ager and now hopefully he can do another album once this one blows over and he can get his stats back up. Now if he comes out with another album and still suffers from poor album sells I think it may be time for a another gimmick. If all else fails I'd go up for a "She's All That: Reunion" movie or Faculty Part Dos!

With A Hint of F-A-S-H-I-O-N,
it's The Fashion Connoisseur

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin